1. My name is Loz. It's actually Laura, but even my family calls me Loz. At work I am Laura. But I prefer Loz.
2. I'm 26 years old.
3. I'm from England originally. I'm very proud of my Englishness, and I still retain a fair amount of the accent, depending on my emotional state at the time of speaking.
4. Most of the year I live in a remote Indigenous Australian community in South Australia. (And it is remote. The nearest supermarket/hospital/coffee-shop/church/c
5. During school holidays I live in Adelaide.
6. I am a teacher and I love it, even though it is challenging. My students are 5/6/7 years old and speak Pitjantjatjara/Yankunytjatjara (the word we use for the people as a collective is 'Anangu') as opposed to English as a first language. They really only have to speak English at school, so it takes a while for them to learn. When there is no Anangu Education Worker in class, we communicate with each other in many different ways.
7. I love to write. I hate to write. I love to write. I hate to write. This is generally my cycle, so far as writing's concerned. I am way neurotic about it and I don't know why.
8. I love to sing. There's never any hatred there. I really, really love singing. People who aren't me say I'm good. I also say I'm good. (Own your awesome, people.)
9. My main fandom is Life on Mars [UK]. It's probably the only fandom I've been super involved and invested in. I adore it so. I am not so keen on Ashes to Ashes, for multiple reasons that I have discussed at length.
10. If I have spare time I spend it watching 'television' (on my computer.) I'm particularly fond of panel shows, because they're usually a guaranteed smile, if not a guaranteed laugh. I always like taking suggestions for new (or old) shows I should watch if I haven't already, although I'd prefer something light and happy-making in the immediate future. I'll go back to drama once I'm ready.