1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Had a full-time teaching job I got paid for!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any. And I don't think I'll make any again, since that action seemed to suit me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. Well, my cousin's wife did, but I'm not close to her.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Nowhere but my mind.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Some original short fiction stories under my belt.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Apparently none, although the first day teaching should be it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It's a toss up between writing Palimpsest and teaching a few of my disadvantaged kids to write their names.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I... don't know.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have never been as ill before in my life. I got everything.
11. What was the best thing you bought? (or was bought for you)
Nick's Christmas present. A bastard big monitor.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I can't think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The rent, utilities, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Teaching! Oh, and Life on Mars related stuff, probably. I LEAD A FASCINATING LIFE.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Uh. Too many to count, really.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) ...happier or sadder?
ii) thinner or fatter?
Thinner and more muscular.
iii) richer or poorer?
Currently poorer, but looking to get richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd written less Life on Mars fic. Not that I don't like it. Just that it ATE MY BRAIN AND MY LIFE.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's a year away. I don't know.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
Liiiiiiife On Mars, Dexter, Pushing Daisies
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Body in the Library. Miss Marple! Awesome!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Coral? Okay - not a discovery. But still, fun.
28. What did you want and get?
A teaching job. Holy fuck this meme is repetitive.
29. What did you want and not get?
A boyfriend. Maybe I'll pick one up off the shelf in 2009. It seems unlikely I'd meet anyone suitable next year.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was twenty-four and I ate mini-pastries.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfort above style.
34. What kept you sane?
CLEARLY THIS QUESTION IS N/A!
35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh, I don't know. John Simm? Phil Glenister? Hugh Bonneville?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. But my party won, so that's okay.
37. Who did you miss?
Lots of people.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably the other Reception teacher at my school. Incredibly supportive.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
A sense of proportion and balance are important.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You worry too much / you make yourself sad
You can't change fate / but don't feel so bad
(Points to the person who knows the song.)
41. What was your favourite moment of the year?
42. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
MY ONE DAY OF TELEMARKETING
43. Where were you when 2007 began?
Lying on the grass having drunk a lot of sweet sherry. I plan to do this again.
44. Who were you with?
45. Where will you be when 2007 ends?
Lying on the grass having drunk a lot of sweet sherry.
46. Who will you be with when 2007 ends?
47. What was your favourite month of 2007?
48. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
Not really. And I won't be drinking much again in 2008 because I'm going to be living in a Dry Zone.
49. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
I had a fair few medications, but I don't need drugs. I really don't.
50. How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
51. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
MY DAY OF TELEMARKETING
52. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007?
I don't know.
53. Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
Possibly? I hope not.
54. Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
56. How much money did you spend in 2007?
Quite a lot, when all told. Little of it on me.
57. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change what?
MY DAY OF TELEMARKETING. I FEEL THIS MEME IS LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY.
58. What are your plans for 2008?
Teach a lot, write original fiction, go outside more and live my life.