1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Graduated University. For good.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
One of my New Years Resolutions was to get some new obsessions. Think I succeeded? I always make New Years Resolutions. They're usually things I can achieve.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, and good too, because this is a new suit.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A teaching job would be nice.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 19. It was my birthday and a funeral.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Writing so much. Not all of it was great, but, hey... I was writing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Forgot to get a boyfriend again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not so much.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Life on Mars Series 1 Companion Book. It's so gorgeous. You have no idea. (Unless you do.)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Lots of people's.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I can't think of anyone. Hey, that's good.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, rent, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Life on Mars puppet scene, baby! OMG I am still excited by that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Life on Mars
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier! Much, much happier!
ii. Thinner or fatter? The same.
iii. Richer or poorer? Technically richer, but I have to fill out annoying forms every fortnight.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be neurotic. I have been pretty good, though. Not as neurotic as I have been. I'd like to get rid of most of the neuroticism, though.
20. How will you be spending New Year?
I'm not sure.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
In a manner of speaking :D
23. How many one-night stands?
With my conscience?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Life on Mars.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
You know the answer to this one.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Magic Alex :D Uh, no, maybe not, you kind of need to have heard more than four songs, don't you... um... I didn't really make any musical discoveries this year. Maybe an increased awareness of They Might Be Giants, thanks to vovat
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I've hardly seen any films. Uh. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That was in March. I really need to watch more films.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and I went to my Nana's funeral, as has been mentioned.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
You know the answer to this one.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Comfort above beauty.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Phil Glenister! John Simm! Both of them, equally, in many different ways.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Talk of nuclear power in Australia.
37. Who did you miss?
Lots of people.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
They're all wonderful.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
You can make your own happiness, if you try.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It's a God awful small affair
To the girl with the mousey hair,
But her mummy is yelling, "No!"
And her daddy has told her to go,
But her friend is nowhere to be seen.
Now she walks through her sunken dream
To the seats with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the silver screen,
But the film is sadd'ning bore
For she's lived it ten times or more.
She could spit in the eyes of fools
As they ask her to focus on
Saaaailors fighting in the dance hall.
Look at those cavemen go.
It's the freakiest show.
Take a look at the lawman
Beating up the wrong guy.
Wonder if he'll ever know -
He's in the best selling show.
Is there life on Mars?