Top Five Shawn and Lassie Scenes
1. The drunken Lassiter scene in "From the Earth to the Starbucks". You're surprised, aren't you? Tell me you're surprised.
2. "Former lovers, really?" in "Lassie Did a Bad, Bad Thing". That entire scene is brilliant.
3. The Lassiter demonstrating on Shawn scene from "Earth, Wind, and... Wait for it", so freaking hot. Kick to the back of the knees, Lassiter looming over Shawn, guh.
4. "I know you don't like my methods, I know you don't like me" from "Gus Walks Into a Bank".
5. That whole part in "Cloudy With a Chance of Murder" where Shawn's bike is mysteriously taken out of the auction ("handled internally") and then Lassiter walks through the door with this wide-eyed surprised 'hey, Shawn' look, and you know
he's the one who arranged it as a thank you. Bonus points for Shawn's perplexed expression.
Top five best use of songs in
1. The small but brilliant section of White Room
in 1.01 when Sam and Gene bring Kramer in. I often think about it with glee.
2. The whole of Live and Let Die
3. Life on Mars
in 1.08 --- also 1.01, but it's more poignant for me in 1.08.
4. Wild Horses
and then I Can't Change It
for the DVD release in 1.04 (I LOVE I Can't Change It
so much. Frankie Miller is awesome.)
at the end of 1.07. Genius.
I totally need another hundred. The only time I've ever been "YES! YES!" for A2A is when they finished a couple episodes with two of my very favourite songs: "The Man Who Sold the World" and "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes".
Top five non-romantic relationships from any of your fandoms
1. Totally cheating here because I also enjoy imagining them as romantic, but obviously; Sam and Gene from Life on Mars
2. Still cheating; Shawn and Gus from Psych
3. Shawn and Henry from Psych
--- their father/son relationship pleases me greatly.
3. Chuck and Morgan from Chuck
4. Lily and Barney from How I Met Your Mother
Top five favorite British actors (This was both incredibly hard and incredibly easy. Can I have another 5 hundred, please? Also, I took this to mean male actors. I am happy to also do a list of actresses.)
1. John Simm
2. Phil Glenister
3. Hugh Bonneville
4. Simon Pegg
5. Marc Warren
(I wasn't aware I was fannish about this, but okay!)
Top five flavors of ice cream
1. Rum & Raisin
4. Cookies and Cream
5. French Vanilla
Top 5 things that will stop you reading a story, even if it is a favorite pairing/genre.
1. Poor spelling and grammar. I absolutely cannot sit through them. I spend the entire time wanting to get my red pen and scrawl all over the story.
2. Actions that directly contradict how I believe a character would act (in non-crack-fiction.) There are some things that I just can't get on board without great coercion. I'll keep reading for a bit, to see if it's getting explained, or there's at least a lantern being hung on it, but if not? Backbutton, baby. (An example of this might be a story where Gene Hunt cries. I cannot
see that happening all that readily. If it's built up convincingly? Okay. But if it's just kind of there? No. I need damn good reasons for Gene to cry.)
3. Any of my squicks; scat, watersports, the majority of non-con, incest (yes, I am being a bit of a hypocrite, I have tried my hand at writing the last two.)
4. Over-complicated purple prose. I prefer a minimalistic style, which I think is fairly obvious from my writing.
5. Getting distracted. I am awful, but many times I have been quite enjoying a fic, but then I've been pulled away from it and I completely forget to go back to it --- I am not so much a fic reader. I'm always more interested in writing fic than reading it.
Top Five guilty pleasures, in fandom terms - things you like that you think you shouldn't! (I'm not sure I have many of these. I am rarely guilty about the things I like.)
1. Sam/Mobile phone fic for Life on Mars
. This isn't really a guilty pleasure at all.
2. Oh, this I am guilty about: MASH fic (not M*A*S*H fic.) Those who know know what I mean.
3. People reccing my stuff. I feel guilty that I get as gleeful as I do, or that I know how many fandoms I've been recced in on crack_van
. I feel like I should be tastefully detached from even noticing, let alone mentally recording.
4. I actually really, really enjoyed High School Musical 2
, to the point where I even read some fic.
5. AMNESIA. It's my favourite trope in anything.
Top five Life on Mars
moments (I suspect you already know my answers.)
1. The epilogue to 2.02. ("Do you want my appraisal of you?"/"No."/"It's your round then."/"Thank you.") *dies a thousand times over* Out of context, this means nothing, but in the show, in the show
, this is everything I have ever loved about Sam and Gene.
2. The beginning scene to 1.02, from Real/Unreal to "Live and Let Die".
3. Sam and Gene on a date in 1.07.
4. "I think you've forgotten who you're talking to."/"An overweight, over the hill, nicotine-stained, borderline alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding./"You make that sound like a bad thing." This? Is great, great writing.
5. I feel like I should choose a scene that isn't OTP-related, so, the vol-au-vents conversation between Chris and Ray in 2.04. I also love Annie, but, you know, Sam and Gene
6. I have to have this, sorry. "Because you trust me, like I trust you." Okay, I'm good.